Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby Dedication


We had a wonderful time yesterday at Lucy's baby dedication at our church. Several people have asked me if this is the same as baptism, so I thought I'd explain it a little. Our church believes that baptism is something that the person decides to do once they are old enough to make that decision. The baby dedication is an expression by the parents and the church to try to teach and model for Lucy what it means to be a follower of Jesus as best we can. Then the pastor prays for Lucy and prays for us as Lucy's parents. It's pretty simple, but was very meaningful to us. Above is a picture of Chris & I with Lucy at church yesterday. Our friends Dianna & Aaron came to church with us and my mom and Bob were up for the weekend. We had a really nice time. After church, we went to lunch at BJ's (a really yummy pizzeria/brew pub). It was only our second time out to eat with Lucy and it went pretty well. Bethany and her son joined us too which was fun.


Today, we woke up to snow actually stuck to the ground, and kids were home from school and there were snowmen in people's yards. People make a big deal about any little amount of snow here in Portland. I guess I would probably be one of those people had I not lived on the East Coast for 6 years...now it's just kind of funny to me. I worked at the office in the afternoon to cover for one of the doctors. It was actually pretty fun to be back at work for a few hours!


Chris & I booked our tickets to SF yesterday. We'll be there from Wed April 9th to Sun April 13th. Hope we get to see many of you then.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Great picture of your cute family. Congrats Lucy on your baby dedication! Andrea, eat out as much as possible while Lucy is immobile and probably sleeps most of the time while you are out. Once she starts moving around and doesn't sleep as much, eating out is a bit more tricky!! Wish we were in SF to see you.